THE LIFEBUOY COMPETITION - TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa Proprietary Limited (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document over the age of 18 years.
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
5. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at Unilever South Africa Proprietary Limited 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
6. All personal information (‘Personal Data’) supplied by participants shall be processed in accordance with South African data protection legislation and the Promoter’s Privacy Notice.
7. This promotional competition is open from 3 June 2019 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 1st of September. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
8. To enter, participants will be required to purchase any 2 Lifebuoy 175g soap bars
- The number of products required to enter: A minimum of 2 soap bars and a maximum of 5 (five) soap bars
- Participating products: All Lifebuoy 175g soap bars
- Retailers where participating products must be purchased from: All South African retailers that sell the participating products
All Products have unique codes printed inside the wrapper with the competition USSD code – to enter dial *120*753*uniquecodeinsidethepack# and follow the prompts.
- When the Entrants purchase the requisite quantities of participating products, they must dial the USSD line followed by the unique code inside the pack and the # key.
- They will then be taken to the competition landing page where they will be prompted to enter the unique codes printed inside the wrapper.
The prize that the Entrant is eligible for is determined by how many unique codes they enter – i.e. 2 points= free airtime; 3 points = Cell phone, 4 points = Tablet, 5 points = TV; 6 points = Fridge.
If the Entrant purchases the participating products during the competition period (3 June – 1st September 2019) and if the participating products don’t contain unique codes in the wrapper the Entrant can call the Unilever South Africa Consumer Care line on 0860-572-861 with the proof of purchase. The Entrant will then be issued with the relevant number of unique codes that they can then use to enter the competition:
- 2 participating products purchased = 2 unique codes will be issued
- 3 participating products purchased = 3 unique codes will be issued
- 4 participating products purchased = 4 unique codes will be issued
- 5 participating products purchased = 5 unique codes will be issued
9. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
10. Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase and unique code.
11. The prize is Entrants stand a chance to win their share of R1 million worth of prizes in the form of free talk time, cellphone, tablet, TV set and fridge that will be awarded to the Winners of the Contest.
2 Points = Free talk time
3 Points = Entry into a draw to win a cellphone
4 Points = Entry into a draw to win a tablet
5 Points = Entry into a draw to win a TV Set
6 Points = Entry into a draw to win a Fridge
Points can be stored in a points wallet or redeemed to enter a daily draw for the prize.
12. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited.
13. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
14. There is a maximum of R1 million worth of prizes to be won.
15. The Winner will be selected by means of a random draw that takes place immediately after they’ve entered and will be notified immediately via SMS.
16. Free talk winners will receive an SMS prompting them to dial into the USSD string and their friend number to claim their free calls. The charges for the USSD line is free to consumers.
17. Free talk time winners will receive their prizes immediately or within 24 hours (depending on the customers network).
18. A copy of these rules can be found on the following websites www.lifebuoy.co.za throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860-572-861.
19. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
20. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
21. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
23. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
24. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
25. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at Unilever South Africa Proprietary Limited 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
27. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
28. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
29. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
30. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
32. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
33. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
34. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
35. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.