Lifebuoy Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I need to use a germ protection soap?
Normal soaps may have the ability to remove germs. However, germ protection soaps are proven to give you enhanced germ protection which is necessary to stay protected from infections.
2. What is Lifebuoy’s Active Silver Formula?
This is a unique, synergistic and proprietary combination of germ protection agents developed by Unilever R&D scientists enabling the product to deliver superior germ protection compared to ordinary soap bars against a wide range of germs. While the exact composition is confidential, it consists of Silver which has been recognised for its germ protection benefits for over 100 years.
3. What is the difference between the Active Silver Formula and other traditional antibacterial agents?
The Active Silver Formula delivers superior protection against a range of germs in a shorter period, compared to other antibacterial agents like TCC and TCN.
4. Does the Lifebuoy Turmeric and Honey soap help with blemishes?
Skin infections like boils, acne, and rash can cause blemishes by leaving behind a mark. These skin infections are caused by germs. Lifebuoy Tea Tree Oil & Aloe/Honey & Turmeric soap fight skin infection-causing germs to help prevent blemishes.
5. What is the new Lifebuoy Turmeric and Honey soap bar?
This is a unique, synergistic and proprietary combination of germ protection agents developed by Unilever R&D scientists enabling the product to deliver protection against a wide range of germs. While the exact composition is confidential, it consists of ingredients that provide protection from skin infection-causing germs which has been recognised for its benefits for over 100 years.
6. What is Lifebuoy Hand Sanitiser?
Lifebuoy Hand Sanitiser is a new product that instantly kills 99.99% germs without water. It provides a broad spectrum of protection against stomach, respiratory and skin-infection causing germs.
7. How frequently can I use the sanitiser?
It can be used multiple times during the day on occasions such as:
- After using the restroom, blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching potential germ-harbouring surfaces such as doorknobs, remote controls, or your cell phone
- Before preparing or eating food
- Before and after caring for a sick person
- Before handling babies and after changing diapers.
8. Is the sanitiser safe for children to use?
As with all Unilever products, Lifebuoy Hand Sanitiser conforms to the highest standards of safety and is safe for children and adults when used as directed.
9. Do your hand sanitisers contain alcohol?
Lifebuoy Hand Sanitiser contains alcohol, as do most sanitisers. Sanitisers containing alcohol are safe and efficacious in preventing transmission of disease-causing germs. Lifebuoy Hand Sanitiser complies with the guidelines for efficacy and kills 99.99% germs without water.
10. How will Lifebuoy benefit me and my family?
Lifebuoy products protect against 10 infection causing germs. Our bar soaps also include a patented ingredient known as ‘Active5’ to protect you and your family against germs and bacteria. Lifebuoy as a variety of handwash and bar soaps tailored to your favourite fragrance. The Lifebuoy Total 10 hand sanitiser, in particular, is an effective alternative to hand washing. It reduces and protects against the transmission of germs by killing 99.9% of bacteria on hands.
11. How is it different from other soaps?
Lifebuoy is an affordable soap that protects the skin against 10 infection causing germs. The rich, creamy lather of Lifebuoy bar soap leaves you feeling clean and fresh, while the advanced formulation cares for and protects your skin.
12. Are Lifebuoy products only for a certain type of skin?
We'd like to reassure you that LIFEBUOY is for all skin types. We offer different variants that suit a range of different preferences.
13. Are Lifebuoy products safe and not harsh on skin?
Yes, our products are completely safe! They undergo rigorous testing and analysis at an ingredient level by our safety board before being passed along to dermatological testing to ensure that it is indeed okay for human use. This, however, does not mean that the product is perfect for everyone, some people may react to certain ingredients due to allergies or intolerances.
14. What products do you have in your range?
Our range of products include hygiene bar soaps, liquid handwash as well as hand sanitiser which is an effective alternative to hand washing. It reduces and protects against the transmission of germs by killing 99.9% of bacteria on hands.
15. When should you wash your hands?
Always wash your hands before eating food, before and after treating a cut or wound, before, during, and after preparing food, before and after caring for someone who is sick, after using the toilet, after touching the garbage, After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste, After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, after changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet and After handling pet food or pet treats.
16. Can you buy Lifebuoy products online?
We do not sell Lifebuoy products on this website, however, you can visit e-commerce sites like Dis-Chem, and Clicks to purchase your favourite Lifebuoy products online.